What were the German states before 1871?
States of the German Confederation
|Prussia (Preußen) (excluding Posen, East Prussia and West Prussia)||Berlin|
What states were in the German Confederation?
Members of the German Confederation were:
- Austria (split into Upper Austria and Lower Austria in 1849)
- Kingdom of Bohemia (Bohmen)
- Duchy of Carinthia (Karnten)
- Duchy of Carniola (Krain)
- Littoral (consisting of Gorizia and Gradisca, Istria and Trieste) (Osterreichisches Kustenland)
- March of Moravia (Morava)
What were the four kingdoms of Germany?
- Kingdom of Bavaria.
- Kingdom of Prussia (itself subdivided into provinces; including the Duchy of Saxe-Lauenburg ruled in personal union until annexed 1 July 1876)
- Kingdom of Saxony.
- Kingdom of Württemberg.