How do you pronounce the German name Uwe?
- IPA: /ˈuːvə/
- Audio. (file)
What does Uwe mean in German?
Maybe a short form of names meaning ‘inheritance‘ or ‘active, at work’
Is Uwe a female or male name?
Uwe is a German masculine given name that may refer to: Association football players and managers.
Is Uwe a common German name?
This pastoral name, pronounced “OO-vay,” is common in Germany and Scandanavia, but you can count on the kids on American playgrounds to pronounce it “Ewww!”
Is Jens Danish for James?
Jens is a male given name and a Danish, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Faroese and Frisian derivative of Johannes.
What are good German names?
Popular & Common German names
- Lukas / Lucas.
- Luka / Luca.
- Finn / Fynn.
What are some German last names?
List of the most common surnames in Germany
- Müller, occupation (miller)
- Schmidt, occupation (smith)
- Schneider, occupation (tailor)
- Fischer, occupation (fisherman)
- Weber, occupation (weaver)
- Meyer, occupation (originally a manorial landlord, later a self-employed farmer)
- Wagner, occupation (wainwright)
What kind of name is Ute?
Ute is an Old High German name. It originally derived from Uota or Oda.